Bila Tserkva (Belaya Tserkov) is a city located on the Ros` River in the Kyiv province in central Ukraine, approximately 80 km south of the national capital, Kyiv. Population 203,300. The town was founded in 1032 as Yuriev by Yaroslav the Wise, whose Christian name was Yuri. The present name of the city, literally translated, is “White Church” and may refer to the (not longer extant) white-painted cathedral of medieval Yuriev.
Since 1363 it belonged to the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and since 1569 to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Was granted Magdeburg Rights in 1620 by Sigismund III Vasa. A peace treaty between the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Ukrainian Cossack rebels under Bohdan Khmelnytsky was signed here in 1651. After the Third Partition of Poland in 1795 Bila Tserkva came into Imperial Russia. It was a significant market place in the 19th century. During the Soviet times it became a large industrial center (machine building, construction industry).
A historical landscape park “Olexandria” of 2 kmІ is situated in Bila Tserkva. It was founded in 1793 by the wife of the Polish hetman Franciszek Ksawery Branicki. Tour Operator SunCity Travel organises a scheduled tours to this beautiful park, which is situated just 1 hour driving from Kyiv.
You can find more detailed information HERE